Saturday, December 27, 2008

Raptors Recap - The "winning Streak" Edition

Wow it seems like forever since I had seen a raptors game. With the craziness of the holidays and the TSN 2 fiasco I have caught barely 3 quarters of the last few games.

Last night was a welcome relief. I was able to watch the game and enjoy a win.

The Raptors could have come back from the Holiday break and played flat. Nobody would have blamed them. They were on the road and the 3 day break ususally favors the home team. I'm not saying the Raptors played a perfect game. They were far from perfect.
their 13 first half turnovers nearly cost them the game. They straightened up in the second half and were able to go with what was working. Last night that was Jermaine O'neil. Now I'm not saying the Kings are soft in the interior but I think i could have probably scored on a couple of those back to the basket moves against Spencer Hawes and Brad Miller.

Triano had a couple of nice out of timeout calls late in the game as well and that helped the Raptors seal the deal.

Hopefully they can keep the momentum rolling tonight against Portland.

I have to admit that I'm a little bit giddy to be able to watch Rudy Fernandez again. He is quickly becoming one of my NBA favorites.

No comments: