Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Raptors Offseason - Fun with the ESPN Trade machine

Not much going on in Raptor-land these days. The announcement that they are bringing Triano back as head coach is likely the only thing that going to happen anytime soon.

I wasn't able to watch the Cav's dismember the Hawks last night thanks to TSN 2 so I figured I would look into some trade ideas on what the Raptors might be able to do to address the gaping holes in their lineup.

I maintain that I am still against the idea of trading Chris Bosh but if Colangelo is going to blow all of his cap money this summer on resigning Marion I think this team is likely to hover around the .500 mark which means Bosh is likely to leave town as soon as he can.

So that said I thought it might be fun to mess around with the Trade Machine and see what the Raptors might be able to get for Bosh as I'm sure lots of teams will be calling.

Keep in mind when I didn't really take much into consideration other than my own greed as the deals listed below are all pretty one sided. Especially considering that Bosh isn't signed to a long term deal. But still this was fun.


Trade 1


Charlotte trades to Toronto:
PF - Boris Diaw
SG - Raja Bell
PG - D.J Augustin

Toronto Trades to Chalotte:
PF - Chris Bosh
PG - Marcus Banks

Trade 2

Washington Trades:
SF - Caron Butler
SG - Nick Young
FC - Andre Blatche

Toronto Trades:
PF - Chris Bosh

Trade 3

Phoenix Trades:
PF - Amare Stoudamire
SG - Leandro Barbosa

Toronto Trades:
PF - Chris Bosh
SG - Jason Kapono


Trade 4


Sacramento Trades:
SG - Kevin Martin
F - Andres Nocioni

Toronto Trades:
PF - Chris Bosh

All of the above trades fill holes in the Raptors line up allowing them to use the entire cap space created by marion's expiring contract to fill other needs such as toughness, rebounding and also fill out the bench.

No comments: