Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Raptors Recap - The "a win is a win is a win" edition

The Raptors finally picked up a W last night over the T-wolves. The game wasn't pretty. The Raptors almost coughed up another double digit lead and lost it but they got it done down the stretch with solid play from JO on the Block. Also Joey G was on fire to start the game going 5-5 in the first 5 min of the game. It also appears as though Kapono has taken Triano's advice and went nuts from the field going 7-10 and 18 pts.

The Raptors get the Spurs tonight at home and I think that they can steal this one before the all-star break. I don't know why but I just have the feeling that the Spurs might be looking past the Raps towards the all star break. We'll see.

I mentioned yesterday that the Raptors have been active in trade talks. I made the point that I think trading Bosh would be a bad idea however I suggested that if they were going to deal him they should look to get something of everything they need (a decent player, cap space, draft picks, a good prospect).

I read this morning that Portland has offered the Suns Aldridge, Bayless and Lafretz expiring contract plus a 2nd round pick for Amar'e Stoudamire. If I'm Colangelo I am taking a good hard look at that deal and maybe wondering if it would make sense to call Portland and offer Bosh and Kapono for the same deal. I would then make the deal with Miami for Marion and BAM!!!! BC has what he needs to get things done. If he made that deal he'd have 2 GIANT expiring contracts (approx 30 million!). Lafrentz contract is almost entirely covered by insurance for the rest of this season so that would save MLSE more money. He'd get a young star in Aldridge that will give them 17 pts and 8 reb a night to replace bosh. He'd also get an upcoming star in Bayless and a second rd pick. He would essentially be throwing in the towel on the season but this team would be deadly next year. The cap space is even greater when you factor in Parkers 4.5 mill expiring deal and losing Kapono's contract.

Its just a thought but I don't think its crazy.

No comments: