Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Raptors Game Day - The Trade Deadline just became much more interesting

The Raptors are in Cleveland tonight to face Lebron and the Cavs. The Cavs are 22-0 at home this season and I don't expect their first home loss will come at the hands of the Raptors.

I expect a big game from Bargnani as he will be matched up against guys that can't guard him on the perimeter. I also expect Jose to be exposed most of the night by Mo Williams. Expect to see a lot of Joey Graham tonight as he is likely the only wing on this team that has the strength (in theory at least) to deal with Lebron.

That said expect a Raptors loss and likely another blowout.

As for the rest of the league? Well I don't think it bodes well for the Raptors that Kobe went off for 61 last night in New York. The Raptors have to deal with Kobe and the Lakers tomorrow on a back to back. I just hope they can keep him under 70.

Speaking of the Lakers, they have now lost Andrew Bynum for 8-12 weeks with a bad knee (again). Rumors are out there that they are going to be shopping for a big man. From what I can see of who is available, Brad Miller seems to fit the bill and if I were Kupchek in LA I would get him into town immediately.

Also the Magics Jameer Nelson separated his shoulder in last nights game and will likely miss quite some time. Anthony Johnson is NOT a good back up PG so I expect a team that likely wasn't going to make noise at the trade deadline to now be furiously shopping for a legit backup.

Chris Paul pulled his groin last night and looks to be out for at least a couple weeks. I wonder if this will force the Hornets to get into the mix to find a backup PG.

A few weeks in this league is an eternity. Teams that were in the mix to challenge for tops in their divisions could find themselves on the outside looking in before they get their key starters back. Therefore I expect rumors to start heating up sooner than they may have.

At least it will be fun to watch

No comments: