Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Raptors Game Day - Another day, another rumor

The Raptors are in Minnesota to face the T-wolves tonight. The wolves lost Al Jefferson the other night for the season with a knee injury. The Raptors are also going to be without their best in Chris Bosh. So that makes for an "interesting" game. Both teams best players are out and both teams are terrible. I am sure the TV audience will be huge!

Anyway, the Trade deadline is quickly approaching (8 days away) and there are SO many rumors floating around regarding not only the Raptors but now with Amar'e Stoudamire.

From what I can tell the Heat offered Beasley and Marion's expiring contract for Amar'e but the Suns wanted nothing to do with Marion. Not even if it was for half a season. This bodes well for the Raptors because that means that the O'neil for Marion deal is likely still the best offer the Heat have.

I've heard rumors about Bosh and although both BC and Bosh have denied anything I can't say that I would be surprised to see him traded. I don't think the Raptors should trade bosh. I think they need to build around him better. Which they can do with the cap space provided with Marion's contract.

That said if they were going to deal him I would only consider deals that bring back the following: a first round pick, a great player or Cap space, at least 1 young prospect. For example:

Trade bosh to Detroit for 1st round pick, Tayshaun prince, Jason Maxiel.
Trade Bosh to Portland for 1st round pick, Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw and Raef Lafrenz expiring deal.

I don't think there is a chance these deals will ever happen. I think unless they unload O'neil this team is doomed and Bosh will leave in 2010. I also think the Amar'e situation is likely to shape everything that is done at this year's deadline.

Stay tuned.

No comments: